Phone: +973 3999 6166
- LLB University of Buckingham
- LLM University of Buckingham
- Corporate and commercial law
- Dispute resolution
- Advocate, Bahrain (2004)
- Advocate, Kuwait (2007)
- Kuwait Bar Association
- Kuwait Lawyers Association
- Bahrain Bar Association
- Bahrain Lawyers Association
Haifa is the Partner of the Bahrain office and also co-founder of KBH with an extensive practice focus area which includes corporate, banking, arbitration and litigation with a particular focus on litigation in relation to commercial, banking, real estate and insurance disputes. Her clients range from large listed companies to family-owned companies.
Haifa is licensed to practice law in Bahrain as well as Kuwait. Prior to co-founding KBH, Haifa worked with London city law firms where she built her expertise in banking including Islamic and marine finance as well as corporate and commercial law. Haifa's strong legal background allows her to approach matters with a commercial mind and to provide creative solutions for her clients.
Haifa has advised on a number of high profile cases and transactions in the region, which cover company formations, insolvency, joint ventures, mergers, cross-border acquisitions and corporate restructuring for corporate clients and for family succession purposes.
- Represented a number of clients engaged in various commercial disputes and in pursuing alternative dispute techniques including mediation
- Advising a leading international company in ensuring that its subsidiaries within the MENA region were in compliance with the anti corruption laws and regulations
- Advising an international bank in connection with its standard loan documents in Kuwait
- Acting for a regional bank in the establishment of its operations in Kuwait and drafting its standard corporate and retail lending documents
- Advising numerous regional and international financial institutions on compliance with Central Bank of Bahrain and Central Bank of Kuwait laws and regulations
- Advising a leading international company in connection with its group restructuring
- Representing a private client on a litigation matter involving fraud and abuse of power and ensuring a settlement was reached in favour of the client
- Represented a Kuwait company as borrower in connection with a KD 40 million revolving credit facility from a global commercial bank
- Advising a leading insurance company in relation to a claim relating to alleged injuries resulting from sabotage in Egypt
- Assisting a client resolve a dispute in regards to a complex dispute arising from a commercial lease agreement